Yield : Four 17.5cm round waffles
250g all purpose flour
3 tsp corn flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
200g coconut milk
15g cooking oil
1/2 tsp salt
3 pandan leaves
100g fine sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
2 egg whites
2 egg yolks
1. Mix all purpose flour, corn flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl using a hand whisk. Set aside.
2. Blend coconut milk, water, cooking oil, salt and pandan leaves using a food processor or blender. Set aside.
3. Mix sugar and cream of tartar in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Place egg whites in a clean bowl and start to whisk them using an electric mixer set at high speed for about 1 minute. Slowly add in sugar mixture from (3) in 3 lots. Continue to beat at high speed for about 2 to 3 minutes, or till stiff peaks formed.
5. Add in the egg yolks, one at a time, to the egg white batter.
6. Blend in about 3 tbsp of flour mixture from (1) each time, to the batter in (5). Then follow by 1/5 of the pandan milk mixture from (3).
Alternating between flour and milk mixture till finish.
Mix the flour using the whisks detached from the mixer, in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction, to prevent gluten from forming which will cause the waffle to become hard.
7. Use a spatula to scrap down the side and bottom of the bowl, to ensure no unmixed flour remains in the mixture.
8. Heat up the waffle iron set at your desired crispness.
9. When the green light turns on, open the waffle iron and spray a thin layer of oil into the pan.
Only need to spray once. Since it has a non-stick surface, you do not need to spray for the subsequent waffles.
10. Pour 1/4 of the batter to the hot waffle pan and close the lid. Turn the pan in clockwise direction to lock the iron.
11. While cooking, the green light will goes off. When the green light turns on again, the waffle is ready.
12. Turn the pan anti-clockwise to unlock the iron. Open the lid, remove the waffle and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from cuisine paradise
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)