Making use of the green colour of the cookie, I find the good-luck four-leaf clover leaf pattern most apt for the auspicious lunar new year occasion.
As almost all the titbit green pea have been grabbed up by the bakers, I have no choice but to resort to using coated green peas. If i have been given a choice, I will definitely opt for the original green peas. Fortunately, the coated green peas did not affect the cookie much, except the green colour is not as intense as the cookies using original green peas.
This is a fuss-free cookie recipe which can be prepared within an hour. All you need is a powerful food processor to grind the roasted green peas :)
Yield: about 50 pieces of 2 cm cookies
100g roasted green pea 烤青豆
100g all purpose flour 中筋面粉
1/8 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
70g icing sugar 糖粉
60g vegetable oil 植物油
1. Grind the green peas in a food processor using the flat blade till fine. Set aside.
2. Loosen flour, icing sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl using a hand whisk.
3. Combine with the green pea powder from (1).
4. Add in the vegetable oil slowly to combine into a pliable dough.
5. Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
6. Roll the dough into a thickness of about 3/4cm between two plastic sheets.
7. Cut out the dough using a cookie cutter.
8. Place the cut dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake cookie dough in a preheated oven for 17 to 18 minutes at 170 degree Celsius.
10. Cool the cookie on a wire rack before keeping in an air tight container. Enjoy :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)