Yield: 18 mid-wings for 4 persons
650~680g chicken mid-wings
1.5 tsp potato starch
2 tsp water to mix with starch
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp white scallion, cut
2 limes, juiced
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp raw sugar
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tbsp water
Roasted sesame seeds
1. Rinse chicken wings and marinate with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Lay the chicken wings on a baking tray in a single layer.
2. Bake in a pre-heated oven set at 180 degree Celsius for about 20 minutes.
3. Heat about 2 tbsp olive oil in a pot. Stir in the ginger, garlic and scallion white, till fragrant.
3. Pour in sesame oil, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, sugar, honey, lime juice and water. Bring to a boil, then add in the starch water. Stir till the sauce slightly thickens.
4. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
5. When the chicken wings has completed the 20-minute baking, remove from the oven and spread the sauce over evenly.
6. Returns the tray of chicken wings to the oven and bake for another 18 to 20 minutes, till cooked.
7. After the chicken wings have slightly cool down, garnish with green scallion, chopped chilli and roasted sesame seeds. Enjoy :)
Post a Comment
I love seeing your comment and sharing it with other readers. Your comment would be published after moderation. Thank you :)