A soft, moist and fine texture butter cake added with sour cream, raisins and dried cranberries. A small amount of orange peel and vanilla extract enhanced the milk-rich flavour of the cake 😍
Yield: one loaf of cake
Pan size: 21.5x11.5x5.5 cm
Baking temperature: 160°C at second upper rack for 20 minutes, shift to middle rack and bake for 20 minutes.
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55~57g eggs
100g unsalted butter, softened
60g raw cane sugar
30g raw sugar
80g top/cake flour
30g plain flour plus/plain flour
10g milk powder
3g baking powder
pinch of salt
30g sour cream
10g low fat milk
20g golden syrup/honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
15g organic raisins
15g organic dried cranberries
3g orange peel, finely chopped
1. Grease the cake pan with butter. Set aside.
4. Soak raisins and dried cranberries in hot water for about 1 minute, drain and set aside with chopped orange peel.
5. Beat eggs with 30g of raw sugar in a small bowl till the sugar dissolved. Set aside.
6. Cream softened butter and 60g of raw sugar till light and fluffy.
Add in beaten eggs from Step 5, in a few additions, to the butter cream, using the electric hand mixer.
If the butter cream and the beaten eggs separated during mixing, add about 1 tbsp of the flour mixture from 2.
7. Fold in the sieved flour mixture from Step 2.
8. Mix in the sour cream mixture from Step 3,
and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
9. Finally, pour about 1/4 of the batter into the prepared cake pan, and fold in the dried fruit mixture from Step 4 into the remaining batter.
Pour the remaining batter into the cake pan.
Rap the pan to level the batter.
10. Bake at second upper rack of a preheated oven set at 160℃ for 20 minutes, bring down to the middle rack, and continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or till golden.
Before transferring the pan from second upper rack to middle rack, you can draw a shallow slit along the central line of the cake to create a neater crack over the cake. This step is optional.
11. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack to cool down for about 5 minutes, or till the sides of the cake shrink away from the wall of the cake pan.
Invert out the cake and let it rests on a cooling rack. Wrap a sheet of cling wrap over the cake to keep the moisture in. This step is optional.
12. Cut and enjoy 😋