Yield: about 500g raw noodle
190g raw pumpkin, peeled
300g all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1. Cut the pumpkin into chunks.
2. Steam pumpkin at high heat for about 10 to 12 minutes, or till the pumpkin soften.
3. While the pumpkin is still hot, crush about 160 to 170g of pumpkin into a paste.
4. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix them into a ball.
5. Use the heel of your palm to press and knead the dough into a smooth one. This takes about 7 to 8 minutes.
If the dough is too dry, add water by teaspoon till the dough becomes smooth. Do not add too much water, as the noodle will easily become soggy when cooked.
6. Keep the dough in a bowl and cover with a wel towel or lid. Let the dough rest for about 50 minutes.
7. Sprinkle some flour on the work top and on the dough. Roll out the dough into a thin flat rectangle sheet.
8. Sprinkle some flour over the sheet evenly. Fold the sheet into half.
9. Use a knife to slice the dough sheet into thin strand of noodle. Sprinkle a sizable amount of flour onto the freshly cut noodle to prevent the noodle from sticking to each other.
10. For storage, the noodle can be kept to about 3 days in fridge; and 3 weeks in freezer.
Wrap the noodle loosely using paper towel to keep the noodle dry.
To cook the noodle, throw the noodle into a pot of boiling water. When the noodle starts to boil, pour in 1/2 cup of water. Scoop out the noodle when the water boils again.
Recipe adapted from: