Yield: 16 strips
1 purple sweet potato
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp flour
1. Wash and peel sweet potato. Cut into strips.
2. Pat dry the sweet potato strips, if they are wet. Add enough olive oil to coat the sweet potato. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of salt onto the sweet potato. Mix well and let them stand for 15 minutes to drain off excess water.
3. Arrange the sweet potato strips on a paper kitchen towel. Sprinkle some flour onto the sweet potato with the aid of a sieve.
4. Heat up the Happycall pan in medium high heat. Line the pan with parchment paper (optional). Pour about 1 tbsp of olive oil into the pan.
5. When the oil is hot, place the sweet potato strips in in one level.
6. Close the lid, but not locking, to cook the sweet potato strips for the first 20 minutes. Flip the potato strips every 3 to 5 minutes to ensure even heating.
Lightly press the middle of the potato to check whether it is cooked. The sweet potato is cooked when the centre is soft.
7. Serve hot for crispy chips. You may sprinkle some plum powder over the chips for a tinge of sourness :)