Yield: 4 cups
10 kueh buloh or mini sponge cakes
2 tsp instant coffee
20g raw sugar
~30g hot water
100g cold milk
50g coconut cream
40g icing sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
250g mascarpone cheese
1. Add 2 tsp of instant coffee and 20g raw sugar to a measuring cup.
|Add 2 tsp of instant coffee powder to a measuring cup|
|Add about 20g of raw sugar to the |
2. Pour hot water to 100ml marking and stir to melt the coffee and sugar.
|Add hot water to the 50ml marking. Stir to dissolve the|
coffee powder and sugar
3. Add 100ml of cold milk to reach the 200 ml marking. Blend well and set aside.
|Add whole milk to reach 200 ml|
4. Whip coconut cream, icing sugar and 100g cold milkfor 3 minutes or till all the ingredients are well blended.
|Pour milk to the icing sugar|
and coconut cream. Whip the ingredients
5. Pour in the mascarpone cheese and vanilla essence. Blend well and store in the fridge till needed.
|Stir in the vanilla essence|
|Add in the mascarpone cheese and |
|A well blended mascarpone mixture|
6. Cut 6 kueh Buloh into halves. Dip the halves kueh Buloh in the coffee milk mixture. Do not soak, remove the kueh Buloh immediately after they are dipped.
|Cut 6 kueh bulohs into halves|
and keep the remaining 4 as whole
|Dip the kueh buloh one at a time|
into the coffee.
Avoid soaking the cake for too long
7. Arrange 3 halves kueh buloh in each cup.
|Arrange the soaked kueh|
buloh at the bottom of the cup
8. Scoop 3 tbsp of mascarpone mixture on top of the kueh buloh.
|Spoon in about 3 tbsp of mascarpone|
9. Sprinkle some cocoa powder over the mascarpone mixture.
Repeat step (7) to (9) for another layer. I used one whole kueh buloh for the top layer.
|Sprinkle some cocoa powder over|
the mascarpone mixure
10. Chill the tiramisu cups in the fridge for minimum of 30 minutes before consuming.
Recipe adapted from Gordon Ramsay's 'Easy Tiramisu'