Over-ripen bananas are too strong in terms of taste and fragrance for eating. However, they 🍌made a perfect ingredient for baking 😆
Although my two over-ripen bananas were about 60g short of the required quantity suggested by the recipe, it permitted the butter aroma to emerge from the powerful banana aroma. Hence, this gave a more balance banana and butter aroma that filled the kitchen for hours.
The texture of the cake crumb was suuuuper soft because of the sour cream. Not forgetting the crunchy and nutty walnut chunks that have been perfectly roasted on top of the soft cake.
A very delicious ... yet calorie laden confection 😆
Yield: 8 cupcakes
Cupcake mould size: 6cm in diameter and height
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 egg
190~250g mashed banana 香蕉泥
2 eggs 鸡蛋
110g unsalted butter, softened
170g raw sugar 黄砂糖
200g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
1 tsp baking soda 小苏打粉
100g sour cream/Greek yoghurt 酸奶油/希腊酸奶
80g walnut 核桃
* original recipe called for 250g banana paste, but I could only "scrapped out" 190g from my two medium size bananas.
1. Mash peeled banana into paste. Cover and set aside.
2. Mix top/cake flour with baking soda in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs and set aside.
4. Break the walnuts into chunks using fingers. Set aside.
5. Loosen the softened butter, then add in the raw sugar.
Whip for about 3 to 5 minutes using a hand whisk.
6. Gradually mix in the beaten egg from (3).
7. Combine the mashed banana paste from (1), follow by the sour cream.
8. Sieve in the flour mixture from (2), and combine well.
Use a silicone spatula to give a more thorough mixing.
9. Scoop the batter into 8 paper cupcake moulds.
Fill up to about 4/5 the mould's height as the cake will inflate quite substantially during baking.
10. Drop walnut chunks from (4) onto the top of the batter.
11. Arrange the cupcakes over a baking tray.
12. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes, or till an inserted cake tester came out clean.
Bake at the middle rack of the oven.
13. Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack to cool down.
I prefer to serve the cupcake warm 😄💕
Recipe adapted from a good recipe shared by JJ
with many thanks 💕💕😄