A silky soft pudding-like milk jelly using Korean banana flavoured milk and agar-agar seaweed powder 🍮😋
This is the Korean banana flavoured milk I've used for this recipe. Not very sweet and mildly flavoured 🍌🍼
Made 4 small portions held in 200ml pudding bottles
15g raw sugar
5g milk powder, 2 tsp
2g white agar agar powder, 1/4 heap spoon
2 packets 200ml Korean Banana flavoured milk
1. Mix raw sugar, milk powder and white agar-agar powder in a small mixing bowl.
2. Pour about 20ml of water into (1) and mix into a smooth paste. Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Pour the remaining 85ml of water and 1 packet (200ml) of banana flavoured milk into a pot. Close the lid.
While the heating is going on, keep a metal spoon in the freezer for testing the milk-agar agar mixture later.
Heat up at medium temperature, till bubbles start to appear at the surface of the milk.
Pour in the agar-agar-sugar mixture from (2). Stir regularly to avoid the agar agar granules from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
During the heating process, cover the pot with a lid to facilitate heating as well as to prevent excessive evaporation of the water from the mixture.
To check whether the agar-agar granules have dissolved, look at the back of the stirring spoon. It should show a smooth coating without any grain on the spoon.
4. When all the agar agar granules have dissolved, add in the second packet of banana flavoured milk.
To test whether the mixture is ready, pour a small amount of mixture onto the cold spoon which has been kept in the freezer for quite awhile (step 3).
The mixture should coagulate in a short while.
5. Transfer the mixture to 4 pudding bottles and let them cool down to room temperature before storing in the fridge for about 1 to 2 hours..
6. Enjoy the silky milk jelly cold 😋