This is a brief record of the baking process in preparing the strawberry swiss roll. My main purpose was testing the compatibility of converting my2-egg steamed vanilla spongecake recipe into a baked form. It seemed that the volume of the batter fit the baking pan well. In my next bake, I might raised the oven rack to one level higher, so the surface of the cake can brown faster ^^
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 eggs
10g condensed milk
10g rice bran/vegetable oil
2 egg whites
50g fine sugar
2 egg yolks
70g top/cake flour
Filling100g cold whipping cream
10g cold condensed milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cold strawberry jam
some strawberry peels
1. Prepare the batter following the steamed Vanilla Spongecake recipe
2. Spread the batter evenly onto a 28x19x2 cm baking pan lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake in middle rack of a preheated oven at 180 C for about 15 to 17 minutes, or till the top becomes golden.
4. Let the cake cool down slightly before inverting it out onto a steamer cloth or parchment paper (with the top facing the steamer cloth).
Tear away the parchment paper and roll up the cake while it is warm.
Let it cool down to room temperature in a roll up form.
5. Prepare the whipped cream while the cake is cooling down. Keep the whipped cream in the fridge till needed.
6. Spread strawberry jam evenly over the inner face of the cake.
Followed by the whipped cream and some strawberry peels.
Roll up the cake and keep in the fridge for about 60 to 90 minutes.
7. Took out the cake from the fridge and slice it according to your desired thickness. Serve cold :)