A small quantity cheese bread recipe just nice for a 4-person tea break. Using the stretch & fold method, and a 5-minute slapping of dough, the bread dough was kneaded without much effort. I could continue with my other household chores, or even bake a cake, during the intervals. A demonstrating video can be found at Step 2 below 😃
If you like lots of cheese topping, just add the grated cheese till the maximum volume your bread dough could hold - that's the luxury of home-baked bread 😍
Yield: 4 long bun
Dough weigh: 193g
Baking temperature: 200℃ for 10 minutes, lower to 180℃ for 5~8 minutes, at middle rack of a preheated oven.
50g water, cold
5g raw sugar
10g beaten egg
10g unsalted butter, melted
90g bread flour
10g top/cake flour
2g instant dry yeast
1g fine salt
5g milk powder
50g cheddar cheese, grated
2 tsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp sugar grains/coarse sugar
10g water to be added during kneading
|sugar grains would not melt during baking|
I bought it from Kitchen Capers
1. Mix both the wet and dry ingredients together in one direction till they come together into a sticky lump. Cover and let it stands for about 30 minutes.
2. Do 8 sets of stretch and folds per session. Repeat this SF sessions twice at an interval of 15 minutes between each session.
Finally, grab the dough and slap for about 300 times, which will take about 5 to 8 minutes. At the end of the dough-slapping, the dough would become smoother.
Demonstrating video on Stretch & Fold + Slapping method
Spray some water, cover and let the dough rest for about 1 hour.
At the end of the 1st proofing, the dough would double in size.
3. Deflate the dough, and divide it into 4 equal portions. Shape into balls, cover and rest for about 15 minutes.
4. Take a dough and roll flat into an oval.
Flip over, and roll up from the longer edge.
When reaching the edge, pinch to seal the roll.
Flatten the dough slightly. A flatter and wider top would be able to hold a bigger heap of cheese toppings later.
Arrange the rolled dough over a baking tray laid with baking cloth or parchment paper.
Spray some water
and let the rolled dough undergo 2nd proofing in a cool oven for about 45 minutes, or till double in size.
At the end of the second proofing, remove from oven, and start to preheat the oven to 200℃ for about 10 minutes.
5. Apply some egg wash over the dough.
Top the dough with grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and sugar grains.
6. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 200℃ for about 10 minutes, lower to 180℃ and bake for about 5 to 8 minutes, or till the breads become golden.
7. Remove from oven, and let the breads cool down a while before enjoying 😋
|Love the golden base crust and cheese crisps|