|cheddar cheese filling|
|Anchor Candy Cheese|
|The Laughing Cow cheese cubes|
|Laughing Cow cheese filling|
Yield: 9 buns, about 10cm in length
Equipment: 450W hand mixer fitted with dough hooks
Raw dough weight: 411g
Baking temperature: 200℃ for 5 minutes, 180℃ for 10~12 minutes
Ingredient A (Sponge)
20g bread flour
2g instant dry yeast
Ingredient B (dry)
100g bread flour
100g plain flour plus/plain flour
35g fine sugar
2g fine salt
10g milk powder
1g pumpkin powder, optional
Ingredient C (wet)
30g water (to be added gradually depending on dough condition)
20g unsalted butter, melted
18 pcs 1cm-cheese cubes
1 tsp lemon zest, optional
|Plain flour plus & bread flour|
|Candy cheese & lemon zest|
1. Mix Ingredient A in a small bowl, cover with cling wrap, and let it proof for about 60~90 minutes as sponge.
2. Mix all the Ingredient B in a big mixing bowl. Mix using Speed 1 of an hand mixer fitted with dough hooks.
3. Add in the sponge from Step 1, and all the wet ingredients under Ingredient C, except the 30g of water.
Mix using Speed 1 till all the ingredients form into small crumbs.
Gradually add in the 30g of water, till it forms into a big dough.
Increase the hand mixer speed to Speed 5.
And knead till the dough becomes smooth and can pull out a membrane, or window pane stage.
Give the dough about 30 to 50 sets of "slap and fold".
Shape into a smooth ball.
Place the finished dough in a lightly greased big mixing bowl, spray some water over the dough, cover and let it proof for about 1 hour, or till double in size.
|End of 1-hour proofing.|
4. Invert the dough onto a floured work top. Deflate the dough, and divide it into 9 portions.
Shape the dough into 9 balls, cover with a lid, and let them rest for about 15 minutes.
5. Roll out a dough ball into a flat dough of about 0.5cm thick.
Place two cheese cubes and some lemon zest at one end.
|using candy cheese|
|using Laughing Cow cheese cubes|
Wrap the dough round the cheese cubes, sealing the two ends at the same time.
Roll up the dough and seal at the end.
Shape the dough into a long pillow.
Arrange the shaped dough over a non-stick baking tray sprinkled with a thin coat of flour.
6. Let the shaped dough proof in closed cold oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.
|Beginning of 2nd proofing|
|End of second proofing|
While waiting, dust a thin coat of flour over the shaped dough.
Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 200℃ for 5 minutes, reduce the temperature to 180℃ for about 10 to 12 minutes, or till slightly golden.
8. Transfer the buns to cool down over a cooling rack.
Serve the buns warm 😋
Keep the unconsumed buns in the fridge and heat up in an oven toaster before serving 😊
|with cheddar candy cheese & lemon zest|
|with Laughing Cow Cheese cubes & lemon zest|