Sweet and velvety vanilla butter sponge cupcakes baked with a soft and savory cheese cube in the center. A delicious combination I always loved. I first tasted this similar cake from Prima Deli, but the cheese was miserably tiny. For home baked version, I can add a whole cheese cube to the cake 😋
Yield: 7 small cupcakes (7x3.5H cm)
Baking temperature: 130℃ for 15 minutes, 150℃ for 5 minutes, and 170℃ for 9~10 minutes
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55~59g Omega 3&6 eggs
2 egg whites
pinch of salt
45g fine sugar
2 egg yolks
60g top flour
1g baking powder
10g condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
20g unsalted butter, melted in a small bowl
7 cubes The Laughing Cow Belcube, plain flavour, thawed
1. Melt unsalted butter in a small bowl and let it cool down to room temperature before use.
2. Mix top flour with baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a clean, dry and grease-free mixing bowl, beat egg whites with pinch of salt and fine sugar till reaching almost firm peak stage.
4. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time. Add the next egg after the previous egg yolk has been well mixed. Stop beating when no trace of egg yolk can be seen.
5. Sieve in 1/3 of the top flour and baking powder mixture from /step 2 into the batter.
Mix in 1/2 of the milk and condensed milk mixture.
Adding the remaining flour mixture and milk mixture, in alternating sequence.
6. Transfer about 1/4 of the batter to the bowl of melted butter. Mix using a whisk.
Transfer the butter batter back to mix with the remaining batter.
7. Pour batter into the paper cups to about 1/2 the height. Then place a thawed cheese cube in each paper cups.
Place on a baking tray.
9. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 130℃ for 15 minutes, 150℃ for 5 minutes, and 170℃ for 9~10 minutes, or till golden.
10. Transfer the cupcakes to a cooling rack to cool down.