A delicious sweet bun with a melted cheddar cheese centre. As the dough has a relatively high sugar content, the proofing time is slightly longer than normal bread dough, unless you are using sugar-tolerant instant dry yeast 😊
Yield: 9 buns
Raw dough weight: 520g
Baking temperature: Preheat oven to 190℃, bake at 180℃ for 7 minutes, 170℃ for 3 minutes, 160℃ for 10 minutes, middle rack.
10g bread flour
1g raw sugar
2g instant dry yeast
30g natural yeast, 100% hydration *
Mix all the ingredients together and let it stands for about 60 minutes.
* 30g natural yeast can be replaced by 15g each of bread flour and water, together with about 1/8 tsp of instant dry yeast.
Dough Ingredients205g bread flour
25g top/cake flour
40g raw sugar
25g beaten egg
Sponge from above
125g milk, cold
20g condensed milk
30g unsalted butter, softened
18 pcs candy size cheddar cheese
Directions1. Knead all the Dough Ingredients together till reaching window pane stage using your preferred method.
2. Place the dough in a big mixing bowl coated with a thin layer of oil. Cover and let it proof in room temperature for about 90 minutes.
3. Turn out the dough onto a floured work top. Deflate the dough and divide it into 9 portions.
Shape the cut dough into balls, cover and let them rest for about minutes.
While waiting, take out the candy cheeses from the fridge, and them thaw in room temperature.
4. Flatten a dough slightly, place two candy cheeses in the center, and wrap up.
Shape the dough into a ball,
and place on a non-stick baking tray. Allow good spacing in between shaped dough.
5. Place the tray of shaped dough in the cold oven to undergo second proofing for about 1 hour
6. Remove the tray of shaped dough from the oven, and start to preheat the oven to 190℃ for about 10 minutes.
While waiting, dust some bread flour over the top of the shaped dough.
7. Bake at 180℃ for 7 minutes, 170℃ for 3 minutes, 160℃ for 10 minutes, middle rack.
As the dough has a higher sugar content, it will brown relatively fast, so it is best to keep a close eye at the buns during baking.
8. Transfer the baked buns out of the oven to cool down slightly before enjoying them warm 😋