3 egg yolks
2 tsp pandan juice
30g top flour
10g corn flour
5 tsp trim coconut milk
1 drop of green food colour (optional)
3 egg white
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
65g caster sugar
1. Preheat the 18 cm ceramic pot in low flame.
2 Mix all the ingredient A together and set aside.
3. In a clean dry bowl whip the 4 egg whites until frothy. Add in cream of tartar and caster sugar, continue to whip till soft peak formed.
4. Pour ingredient A into ingredient B and blend well. Stop mixing when no egg white can be seen.
5. Place a small piece of baking paper in the 18 cm ceramic pot. Pour in the batter and baked at medium low flame for about 10 minutes. Continue to bake at low flame for another 10 - 15 minutes, or until the top of the cake is cooked.
6. Place a baking sheet and a cooling rack over the top, and invert the pot.
If the cake does not slip out of the pot, just let the cake keep in this suspend position for awhile. This will help to preserve the height of the cake. After about 5 minutes, you can remove the cake from the pot. This time returns the cake to the pot with the top sitting at the bottom to brown it under medium low flame for another 5 minutes.
Cool the cake on a rack before cutting. Time to savour your Pandan Sponge Cake :)