Portion: serve 1~2 persons
1 boneless chicken leg
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp water
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp minced onion
1/4 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp Korean chilli paste, adjust according to your preference
1 slice lemon
1. Mix light soya sauce, water and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
|Mix light soya sauce, water and sugar|
2. In a non-stick pot, dry fry the minced onion and ginger till fragrant under low heat.
|Dry fry the onion and ginger to|
3. Pour the sauce from (1) into the pot and cook till it bubbles. Turn off the heat.
|Turn off the heat when the mixture|
4. Add Korean chilli paste and juice of 1 slice of lemon to it. Stir to mix well. Pour into a bowl to cool down.
|Add in the chilli paste and squeeze|
in the juice of a slice of lemon
|Let the mariating sauce cool down|
before adding to the chicken
1 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp Korean chili paste, adjust to your taste
1 slice lemon
|The glazing ingredients|
Mix the golden syrup, chili paste and juice of 1 slice of lemon together. Set aside.
1. Clean and pat dry the boneless chicken meat. Sprinkle some pepper onto the meat (optional). Pour the marinating sauce over the chicken leg and spread evenly. Let the marinated chicken leg stands for 2 hours at least.
|Clean and pat dry the chicken leg.|
Sprinkle a little pepper (optional),
and pour in the marinating sauce
|Let the marinated chicken meat stand for|
at least 2 hours
2. Preheat the Happycall pan using medium high heat. Place a piece of parchment paper in it, if you want easy cleaning after cooking.
3. Place the marinated chicken leg into the pan, with the skin facing down. Close the lid and let it cook for about 3 minutes. Lower the heat and let it cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. If you see oil starts to collect on the parchment paper, lower the heat to avoid over burning the skin.
Brush the remaining marinating source over the meat.
|Baste the chicken meat with the|
remaining marinating sauce
4. Flip the meat and let it cook at medium low heat for about 2 minutes.
5. Brush the glaze over the skin and turn off the heat and let the remnant heat of the pan cooks the meat.
Apply a few coats of glaze with some short intervals.
Open the lid while glazing.
|Glaze the chicken when the meat is|
|Brush the glaze over the entire|
6. Remove the roast chicken from the pan and serve with warm rice :)
I serve the roast chicken with rice that has been cooked with cabbage, carrot and button mushroom. Add a teaspoon of chicken rice paste and 1/4 tsp of salt to 1 cup of wet rice before cooking to add aroma.