200g butter, softened
40g, icing or castor sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
Ingredient C: (sifted)
300g all purpose flour
25g custard powder
1/2 tsp salt
500g pineapple paste
1. Divide the pineapple paste into small portions and roll into balls of diameter 1.5 to 2 cm. Keep them in a container.
You can prepare these pineapple balls morning or day before baking. Keep them in the fridge. Thaw the pineapple balls 1 hour before use.
|Prepare the pineapple ball prior to day of|
2. Whip ingredient A till creamy.
|Cream the softened butter before adding|
the icing sugar
3. Add in ingredient B and mix well.
|Add the yolk and vanila essence to the|
4. Fold in ingredient C and mix to form a dough. Keep the dough in a fridge for 1 hour before use.
You may want to prepare the dough one day ahead and keep the dough overnight in the fridge. If you divide the dough into 2 separate plastic bags, you can bake in 2 sessions or whenever you have the time.
|Mix the powder ingredients using a hand whisk|
Fold in the flour snf mix well
|When the dough becomes too hard,|
use your hand to mix
|Keep the dough in 2 separate plastic bags, |
and into an air-tight container
5. Thaw the dough about 1/2 an hour before moulding. Use a spoon to scoop out a portion of the dough, and roll into a ball slightly bigger than the pineapple balls.
|The pineapple ball and the slightly|
bigger dough ball
6. Flatten the dough in your palm, wrap up a pineapple ball, and roll into a ball.
|Flatten the dough in your palm,|
and wrap up a pineapple ball
|The pineapple dough ball|
7. Place the pineapple dough over a parchment paper in a Happycall pan. You may want to use a gridiron under the pineapple dough to prevent over burning the base.
|Place a gridiron under the pastry to prevent|
8. Lock the lid and bake in medium low heat for 25 to 30 minutes. When the pineapple tarts are ready, you'll be able to smell the sweet aroma of the butter.
The baking time varies depending on the size of the pineapple tarts and the stove fire.
9. After turning off the heat, let the pineapple tarts sit in the pan for about 5 to 8 minutes before removing them. The hot crust of the pineapple tarts is very very soft and break easily when touch.
10. After the pineapple tarts have completely cool down, keep them in air-tight container :)
|Keep the pineapple tarts in air-tight container|
You can bake these pineapple tarts in oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 20~25 minutes.