Yield: 12 pieces of 8cm semi-circle buns
180g bread flour 高筋面粉
20g top flour 低筋面粉
30g fine sugar 细糖
15g condensed milk 炼乳
20g beaten egg 蛋液
1/2 tsp instant dry yeast 即发酵母粉
1/4 tsp salt 盐
120g whole milk 全脂牛奶
30g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
Some beaten egg for glazing 蛋液
1. If you are using fridge-cold milk, you can warm the whole milk and condensed milk in rice cooker for 10 minutes.
Or, you can leave them in room temperature for about 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle yeast over the surface of the warm milk without stirring it. Let it stand for about 10 minutes till foamy.
The temperature of the warm milk should not exceed 38 degree Celsius.
3. Mix all the remaining ingredients, except milk and butter, in a mixing bowl.
4. Slowly add in the yeast milk mixture and stir in one direction till it combine into a lump. Let it rests for 20 minutes to allow the flour to fully absorb the liquid.
5. As the dough is quite sticky, wearing a CPE disposable gloves would make kneading easier. Knead the dough by slamming, pulling, and folding the dough, until the dough becomes smooth. This process takes about 10 minutes.
6. Spread out the dough and apply softened butter, leaving about 1/4 tsp of butter behind. Knead to incorporate butter into the dough.
7. Continue to knead till you can stretch out the dough into a thin membrane. This takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Shape the dough into a ball by pulling down the sides several times, till the dough surface is stretched and smooth, and seal at the bottom.
9. Spray some water over the dough, cover with a lid and let it proof for about 60 minutes.
>> While proofing the dough, melts the remaining butter in a rice cooker for later use.
10. At the end of proofing, turn out the dough onto a floured surface and flatten the dough with your palm.
11. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions, about 34g each.
12. Roll up the dough.
Shape the dough into a ball by pulling down the sides of the dough several times till the surface is tight and smooth, and seal at the bottom. Roll the dough within your palm to shape into a ball. Coat with some flour.
13. Place the doughs back to the mixing bowl and cover with a lid. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
14. Roll the dough into a 8x12cm flat oval dough.
15. Proof the doughs for 50 minutes , or till the dough is almost double in size, with the oven door close.
16. At the end of 50 minutes, remove the dough from the oven. And preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
17. Apply egg wash over the surface of the dough.
18. Bake the bread at 200 degree Celsius for about 5 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 170 degree C for about 8 minutes, or till the top turns golden brown.
19. Remove the breads from the oven, and cool on a wire rack.
20. Let the loaf cools own on a wire rack before serving. Serve fresh :)