I modified the original recipe to give it a softer dough and a simplified procedure. The result is a more aromatic soft buns that are easy to bake and share.
I presented it with a sweet name - snowy almond nugget (^-^)
Yield: five 6x5cm rectangular buns
Just multiply by 2 to double the quantity, and so for.
90g bread flour 高筋面粉
10g top flour 低筋面粉
10g fine sugar 细糖
1/4 tsp instant dry yeast 速发干酵母
1/8 tsp salt 盐
10g beaten egg 蛋液
60g fresh milk 鲜奶
10g condensed milk 炼乳
10g unsalted butter, softened 无盐奶油
10g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
10g condensed milk 炼乳
Dash of salt 盐
1 tbsp almond flakes 杏仁片
1/2 tsp icing sugar 糖霜
1. Place 10g of unsalted butter, condensed milk and dash of salt in a small mixing bowl. Allow the butter to softened under room temperature.
2. Warm fridge-cold fresh milk and condensed milk in a rice cooker using "Keep Warm" function for 5 to 6 minutes. Or, leave it to stand in room temperature for about 20 ~30 minutes.
Temperature of the mixture should not exceed 38 degree Celsius.
3. Mix bread flour, top flour, sugar, instant dry yeast, salt, beaten egg, and milk mixture from (2) into a lump. Cover with a lid and let the dough stands for 15 minutes.
4. Wear a pair of CPE disposable gloves to handle the sticky dough. Grab one end of the dough and slam it against the wall of the mixing bowl for about 1/2 ~ 1 minutes or till the stickiness reduced.
5. Transfer the dough to a floured work top and knead the dough by slamming and folding for 10 minutes, or till the dough becomes smooth.
6. Spread out the dough and add softened butter to it. Knead to incorporate the butter into the dough and achieve a smooth and elastic dough.
7. Spray some water over the surface of the dough, cover with a lid, and allow it to proof for about 1 hour, or till its size doubles.
8. After the dough has doubles its size, deflate the dough using your palm. Fold in the four sides and flip it over. Cover the dough and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
9. Roll out the dough on a well floured work top into a 1cm thick rectangular flat dough.
11. Cut the flat dough into 40 cubes using a wheel cutter.
12. Place 8 cubes of dough into each of the 5 paper moulds (5x6 cm rectangular mould, or 6cm muffin mould lined with cupcake paper).
Keep in a closed oven to proof for about 30 minutes, or till the dough reaches the rim of the paper mould.
11. Remove the dough from the oven. Start to preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius.
Brush a coat of egg wash over the top of the dough.
Place some almond flakes over the top.
12. Bake in the oven at 170 degree Celsius for about 13 to 15 minutes, or till the top turns golden. Allow the buns to cool down over a wire rack.
13. After the buns have cool down, sprinkle icing sugar over the surface. Enjoy :)
Recipe adapted from