This is a cookie which is a cross between cookie and cupcake. It has a crispy sugar crust and a soft interior. I prefer to bake it to slightly brown to bring out the aroma of the butter and cream cheese.
Yield: 20 cookies
115g cream cheese, softened
57g unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
120g icing sugar
1 egg, beaten
120g all purpose flour
10g custard powder/corn starch
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
70 granulated sugar, for coating
1. Mix all purpose flour, custard powder, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
2. When the butter and cream cheese have softened, cream them together using a hand whisk.
3. Add in the icing sugar, in a few batches, and blend well.
4. Follow by vanilla essence.
5. Blend in the beaten egg till smooth.
6. Sieve in the flour, in 3 batches, and fold using a spatula.
7. Refrigerate the soft dough to harden it slightly to become pliable. This takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
8. Take a spoonful of dough and shape it into a ball. Let it roll in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat.
9. Place on a pan lined with parchment paper. As the dough will flatten when bake, so need to space the dough wide apart.
10. Bake in a preheated oven set at 175 degree for 12 to 15 minutes, or till the base of the cookie starts to brown.
11. Allow the cookies to cool down before handling them :)
Recipe adapted from