The sweet bun roll wrapped up two popular Chinese New Year goodies - sweet BBQ pork slice and crispy pork floss. The dough was sprinkled with abundant of roast white sesame seeds and baked to golden. The gem-like glossy BBQ chips and a little dried seaweed flakes gave the golden bun an auspicious decoration :)
Yield: 10 x 13cm buns
Raw Dough weight: ~523g
Baking temperature: 170 degree Celsius
Baking time: 18~20 minutes
Whirlpool Breadmaker BM1000
150+5g cold fresh milk 冷鲜牛奶*
20g condensed milk 炼奶
35g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
25g beaten egg 蛋液
30g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
* 5g milk to be added depending on the dough moisture. Usually, using superfine wholegrain flour, would need slightly more liquid.
220g bread flour 高筋面粉
30g superfine wholegrain/plain flour 超细全麦面粉/中筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 速发干酵母
60g BBQ pork slice 肉干
25g crispy pork floss 酥肉丝
1/2 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
20g BBQ pork slice, cut into 0.5cm sq total 30 pcs
3~4 tbsp roasted white sesame seeds
Some dried seaweed flakes for sprinkling
1. Cut the 60g BBQ pork slices into 0.5cm square length for filling use.
Cut the 20g BBQ pork slice into 30 pcs x 1cm square length for dough decoration.
Mix the above 60g x0.5cm cut BBQ pork with pork floss and chopped coriander leaves. Set aside.
2. Pour cold whole/fresh milk and condensed milk into the bread pan.
3. Add in beaten egg.
4. Add in sugar, salt and cold butter.
5. Pour in bread flour mixed with superfine wholegrain/plain flour.
6. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
7. Place the bread pan into the bread machine. Select function 8 "dough kneading", and start the function.
After the function has ended, let the dough stay in the pan for another 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes.
8. Invert the dough out of the bread pan and onto a floured work top.
Press down the dough to release the trapped air.
Wear a pair of disposable gloves to handle the rather sticky dough.
10. Roll the dough up, pull down the sides, and seal at the bottom, into a small dough ball.
Cover and let the dough balls rest for 15 minutes.
11. Take a dough ball and roll it into a long flat dough.
Flip the dough over, so the smoother side will be facing out after rolling up the dough. Spread the filling over the dough.
Roll up the dough and pinch to seal at the end.
12. Brush water over the surface and lightly roll the dough over a plate of roasted white sesame seeds.
Arrange the doughs in a big non-stick baking tray nicely space.
13. Transfer to a closed and warm oven to undergo second proofing for about 40 minutes, or till the doughs almost double in size.
14. Remove the doughs from the oven and preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius.
15. Cut 3 short slits using the tips of the kitchen scissors.
Sprinkle some dried seaweed flakes over the bread.