With three simple ingredients, mainly tomatoes, egg and green onion, this appetizing soup, was very easy to prepare. The lightness and slightly tangy taste made this a suitable soup to whet your appetite on a hot day ^^
Yield: 4 servings
2 XL size tomatoes
1 sprig green onion
1 stub coriander root (optional)
1/2 cube chicken stock
1. Peel and cut the tomato into thick wedges. Set aside.
2. Add dash of seasoning powder, like Knorr "Hao Chi" to beaten egg. Set aside.
3. Sauté white scallion and coriander root in a tablespoon of hot oil till fragrant.
4. Pour in the tomato wedges, give them a brief stir-fry. Cover and let them sauté till soften.
5. Add cold water, followed by chicken stock cubes, sugar and salt to taste, and bring to a light rolling boil.
6. When it starts to boil, drizzle in the beaten egg and stir slowly.
7. Transfer the soup to a bowl, and sprinkle cut green scallion and coriander leaves.
The soup is ready to be served ^^
Recipe adapted from
with great appreciation :)