This is a variation to my eggless soy milk bread recipe. I changed the top flour to superfine wholegrain flour and added a small amount of beaten egg in this recipe. You'll enjoy this bread if you like a mildly sweetened soft bread with nice aroma of the wholegrain flour 😍
Yield: one loaf in a 26x10x7.5 cm loaf pan (narrow base)
Raw dough weight: 547g
Bread maker: Mayer MMBM12
Ingredients165g cold soya milk, lightly sweetened
10g cold water
10g beaten egg
30g light brown sugar
3g fine salt
50g active natural yeast/sourdough, 100% hydration *
225g bread flour
30g superfine wholegrain flour
1g instant dry yeast
To be added to the bread maker at about the 13th minute
20g cold unsalted butter
* natural yeast can be replaced by 25g water + 25g bread flour + 1g instant dry yeast
|Natural yeast/sourdough and soy milk|
|Bread flour and superfine wholegrain flour|
Directions1. Add all ingredients, except the cold unsalted butter, into the bread maker. Select "C-11 Ferment Dough" and start the program. At about 13th minute into kneading, dispense 20g of cold unsalted butter to the kneading dough.
Stop the program manually when the countdown timer reads "0:45".
Transfer the dough to a plastic bag lightly grease with oil. Tie a loose knot at the end, and double protect with another external plastic bag. Keep the dough in a covered bowl, and store in the refrigerator for about 12 to 15 hours overnight.
2. Take out the cold dough from the fridge, remove the external plastic bag, and invert the dough. Let the dough rest for about 1 hour in room temperature.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured work top. Deflate the dough and divide it into 3 portions, about 182g each.
Shape the dough into 3 balls, cover and let them rest for about 15 minutes.
4. Take a dough ball and roll it into an oval shape.
Roll up from the shorter end. Repeat the step for the other two dough balls.
Cover and let them rest for about 10 minutes.
5. Take a dough and roll out into a long strip.
And roll up the dough strip. Pinch to seal at the end.
6. Place the rolled dough in a 26x10x7.5 cm loaf pan coated with butter.
Spray some mist over the top.
Cover with a tea towel, and let the dough proof for about 90 to 100 minutes. (Shorter proofing time of about 60 minutes for dough using plain instant dry yeast).
Or till the top rises about 1 cm above the rim of the pan.
7. Preheat the over to 180℃ for about 10 minutes. Dust come bread flour over the top, and score the top with a razor.
Bake at 180℃ for 10 minutes, then lower to 170℃ for about 20 to 25 minutes, or till the crust becomes golden.
8. Transfer the bread out of the oven and loaf pan.
And let it cool down to room temperature over a cooling rack.
9. Cut the bread after it has completely cool down. Enjoy 😋