Yield: 9 small pancakes
1 egg, 55g
18g fine sugar
18g mirin/Japanese sweet rice wine
1/2 tsp light soya sauce
5g golden syrup
95g top/cake flour
5g rice flour/top/cake flour
2g double acting baking powder
10g salted butter, melted
5g coconut oil/melted butter
Filling3 portions Laughing Cow cheese (A box of cheese contains 8 portions)
Directions1. Whisk egg with sugar till the latter melted. Mix in the rest of the Ingredient A.
2. Sieve and fold in the Ingredient B into a smooth batter.
3. Mix in the Ingredient C till well combined. Cover and let the batter rest for about 30 minutes. I let the batter sat in the fridge for 5 hours, and took out 1 hour before cooking.
4. Divide each portions of cheese into 3 parts.
5. Heat up a non-stick frying pan in medium-low temperature. When the pan is hot, stir and pour in the batter. When small holes start to form at the surface of the pancake, place cheese in the middle.
Fold up the pancake into half, press lightly to spread out the softened cheese.
6. The pancake with soft cheese filling is ready. Serve warm 😋
Recipe adapted from