Yield: 4 egg tarts
IngredientsAll ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 egg
30g unsalted butter, softened
15g icing sugar
1/8 tsp low sodium fine salt *
10g beaten egg
60g all purpose flour
about 45g beaten egg, i.e. the remaining beaten egg
15g caster sugar
10g whipping cream/milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
* this is the low sodium fine salt
Directions1. Combine softened butter with icing sugar and salt till pale and smooth.
2. Mix in 10g of beaten egg.
3. Fold in the all purpose flour and combine into a smooth dough.
Wrap the dough in a sheet of cling wrap.
And refrigerate it for about 20 minutes.
4. While waiting for the dough, prepare the egg custard filling.
Combine the remaining beaten egg with caster sugar, milk, whipping cream and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
Run the mixture through a sieve into a measuring glass.
I collected about 100ml of custard mixture. Cover and set aside.
5. Divide the dough into 4 portions and roll them into balls.
With the help of the used cling wrap and another tart mould, shape the dough into an even tart shell.
Prick the base of the tart shell with a fork to create some ventilation holes for steam to escape.
6. Place the tart moulds in a baking tray,
and bake in a preheated oven toaster at 170℃ for about 15 minutes, or till the tarts slightly brown.
7. Transfer the tart shells out of the oven. Give the custard filling a few stirs, and pour into the 4 hot tart shells.
Serve warm or cold 😋