Yield: one 16x8x4 cm loaf cake
Cake Pan: Jamie Oliver 1L loaf pan 17.5x10x9 cm
Baking temperature: 150℃ for 45 minutes, 170℃ for 5 minutes
A soft and moist butter cake using fresh juice and zest extracted from a sweet naval orange. The recipe is specially designed for a small 1 litre Jamie Oliver baking pan 😃
IngredientsAll ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 eggs
85g unsalted butter, softened
75g fine sugar
1/8 tsp fine salt
80g top/cake flour
10g milk powder
2g baking powder
15g orange juice
10g golden syrup/honey
4g orange zest/peel
Directions1. Coat the 1L cake pan with some butter. Set aside.
2. Combine top flour, baking powder and milk powder in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Get ready orange juice and orange peel from about half an orange.
Pour golden syrup into the orange juice. Mix well and set aside.
4. Beat eggs at speed 6 of a handheld blender for about 5 minutes, or till the eggs become foamy. Cover and set aside.
5. Cream softened butter with fine salt and sugar till the mixture becomes pale and fluffy. About 5 minutes using Speed 6 of an handheld blender.
6. Gradually, blend in the beaten egg from Step 4.
7. Sieve and fold in the flour mixture from Step 2.
8. Finally, combine the orange juice mixture from Step 3 to the batter.
Followed by the orange peel/zest.
Use a silicone spatula to give the batter a thorough mix.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan from Step 1.
8. Bake at 150℃ for 45 minutes, at middle rack of an oven.
This step is optional : You can slit the cake in the middle at about the 30th minute into baking. This helps the cake to develop a more uniform crack in the centre.
After baking at 150℃ for about 45 minutes, turn up the oven temperature to 170℃ and bake for about 5 minutes, or till the crust becomes golden and an inserted cake tester came out clean :)
9. Transfer the cake with pan to a cooling rack for about 15 minutes.
When the cake pulls away from the wall of the pan, invert out the cake and cover it with a cling wrap to keep the cake moist.
10. When the cake has cooled down, cut and enjoy 😋