Servings: 2 to 3 persons
Ingredients300g mid joints
2 tsp dark brown sugar
2 tsp low-salt light soya sauce.
1/2 tsp honey
1/8 tsp fine salt
A few shakes of pepper
2 tps golden syrup/honey
Some chinese coriander leaves
Directions:1. Rinse the wings.
2. Marinate the wings with the marinade.
Marinate the wings for an hour or more. For long hours of marinating, seal with cling wrap and keep them in a fridge. Remove the marinated wings from the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking.
3. Line the baking tray with parchment paper. To prevent the heating elements of the toaster oven from over-browning the base of the wings, I lined two sheets of tissue paper below the parchment paper.
4. Arrange the marinated wings in a single layer over the tray.
5. Cook the wings in a pre-heated toaster oven at 180℃ for about 20 minutes.
Remove the wings from the toaster oven, and brush a coat of the leftover marinade over the wings.
Return the wings to the oven and bake at 170℃ for 10 minutes.
Mix the leftover marinade with about 1/2 to 1 tbsp of golden syrup/honey.
Brush the marinade over the wings, and bake at 160℃ for 5 minutes. Repeat this step till you use up all the marinade (about twice), and bake at 150℃ for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with some Chinese coriander leaves, and serve it hot with warm rice 🍚🍛😋