Yield: one loaf of cake
Pan size: 21.5x11.5x5.5 cm
Baking temperature: 190℃ for 5 minutes, 150℃ for 30 minutes, and 170℃ for 5 minutes to tan the crust.
IngredientsAll ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 eggs
100g unsalted butter, softened
10g greek yogurt *
105g caster sugar
110g top/cake flour
15g milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
20g mandarin orange juice
15g golden syrup/honey
12g mandarin orange zest
* greek yogurt can be replaced by unsalted butter
Directions1. Mix mandarin orange juice, golden syrup and mandarin orange zest in a small container. Set aside.
|picture for demonstration only|
2. Cream softened butter and greek yogurt with caster sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time, to the butter cream, using the electric hand mixer.
4. Fold in the sieved top flour with milk powder and baking powder.
5. Mix in the mandarin orange juice mixture from Step 1. Mix the batter till smooth.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pan pre-coated with butter and dusted with some flour.
7. Bake at the middle rack of a preheated oven set at 190℃ for 5 minutes, reduce the temperature to 150℃ and bake for 30 minutes. Finally, increase the oven temperature to 170℃ and bake for 5 minutes to tan the crust.
8. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack to cool down a while.
When the sides of the cake shrink away from the wall of the baking pan, it is ready to be un-mould.
Wrap a sheet of cling wrap over the cake to keep the moisture in.
9. When the cake has completely cool down, cut and enjoy 😋