Since the onset of Covid-19 pandemic, the supply of baking ingredients have often been disrupted or faced shortages. Cream cheeses were one of the ingredients that often seen missing from the supermarket fridges. Therefore, when I spotted cream cheese spread from the fridge, I just grabbed it home. I believed that was better than having none. Luckily, the cream cheese spread worked well as its block cheese version. Besides the cream cheese spread, I have also added golden syrup and increased the corn starch quantity from my previous Basque Burnt Cheesecake recipe 😃
Love this soft and creamy cheesecake with a nice caramel taste from the golden crust 😋
Yield: one cheesecake
Pan size: 13cm round pan
Baking temperature: Middle rack of a preheated oven at 210℃ for 35 minutes, off oven and bake for 5 minutes.
Using 55g egg
All ingredients in room temperature
125g cream cheese spread/cream cheese block, thawed
40g caster sugar
5g golden syrup/honey
1 egg yolk
1 egg white
95g whipping cream
8g corn starch
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Line the cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Stir cream cheese, sugar and golden syrup till smooth.
3. Mix in the yolk.
4. Follow by egg white.
5. Stir in the whipping cream.
6. Stir in the sieved corn starch.
7. Finally, add the vanilla extract in.
Stir into a smooth batter.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
9. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 210℃ for 35 minutes, turn off the oven and let the cake stay for 5 minutes in the closed oven.
10. Allow the cake to cool down for about 30 minutes before lifting it out of the cake pan.
12. Cut and enjoy the cake cool 😋