An easy to prepare pineapple rice cooked in a mini rice cooker using the convenient ingredients sponsored by Kitchen Joy.
Serving: 3 persons
IngredientsIngredients can be adjusted according to your taste
1.5 cups rice
2 tsp sliced garlic
2 tsp sliced onion
2 tbsp lotus root, diced, optional
1 cup honey pineapple chunks
2 tbsp sliced carrot
2 tbsp edamame beans
1~2 tsp dark brown sugar
1~2 tsp light soy sauce
2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/8 tsp pepper powder
1~2 tbsp pineapple juice
water to cook rice
Salt to taste
1 egg, cooked into omelette
3 peri peri charcoal grilled chicken inner fillets
some coriander leaves for garnishing
Directions1. Rinse and soak rice for about 30 to 60 minutes.
2. Cut honey pineapple into chunks, partially squeeze out the pineapple juice. Keep the juice for later use.
3. Add about 2 to 3 tsp of olive oil and sliced garlic into the inner pot of a mini rice cooker. Start the cooking process. Stir the garlic at interval to brown evenly.
Transfer the golden garlic flakes to a saucer. Add in the sliced onion and cook till fragrant.
4. Add in the lotus root chunks and pineapple chunks, stir fry till the pineapple chunks slightly drier.
5. Add in dark brown sugar,
light soy sauce,
and mixture of coriander powder, turmeric powder and pepper powder,
and pineapple juice collected earlier. Stir fry till the sauce starts to boil.
6. Add in the soaked rice, and top up the water to cook the rice to your desired softness.
Add some salt and stir to mix well.
Top with sliced carrot. Cover the lid and let the ingredients cook till the rice cooking mode switches to "Keep Warm".
7. Add the edamame beans and peri peri charcoal grilled chicken inner fillets to the top of the hot rice. Cover the lid of the rice cooker, and let the ingredients simmer for about 30 minutes.This is to allow the rice to absorb the moisture before serving.
8. Remove the chicken fillets, loosen the rice, and add in the golden garlic flakes, and omelette bits. Stir to mix.
9. Serve the hot rice topped with tender and flavourful chicken fillet and coriander leaves. Yummy meal 😋😍