Yield: 7 cupcakes
Paper cup size: 5Dx4H cm
Baking temperature: Preheated oven at 160℃ for 20 minutes, off heat and keep in oven for 3 minutes. Bake at middle rack of the oven.
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55~57g eggs
2 egg whites, 77g
40g raw cane sugar
pinch of salt
2 egg yolks, 36g
70g top/cake flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
10g condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
20g unsalted butter
1. Melt unsalted butter and honey in a rice cooker using "Keep Warm" mode for about 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside in the rice cooker.
2. Mix condensed milk, milk and vanilla extract in a small glass. Set aside to return to room temperature.
3. Mix cake flour with baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
4. In a clean, dry and oil-free mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt and raw cane sugar,
till reaching firm peak stage.
Mix in the egg yolk, one at a time.
5. Sieve in 1/3 of the cake flour with baking powder from Step 3. Mix briefly using the whisks manually.
Mix in 1/2 of the milk mixture from Step 2.
Fold in the remaining flour mixture and milk mixture in alternate sequence. End with flour mixture.
6. Transfer about 1/2 small bowl of batter to mix with the warm melted butter mixture from Step 1. Use a whisk to do the mixing.
End of mixing - no melted butter can be seen.
Pour the butter batter back to the main batter. Use a silicone spatula to do the folding.
5. Distribute the batter evenly among 7 paper cake cups, about 40g batter per cup. Place over a baking tray.
6. Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven at 160℃ for about 20 minutes, turn off heat and keep the cakes in the oven for about 3 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and cool over a wire rack.
Enjoy the light buttery soft cupcakes 😋