The skinless chicken breasts were first marinated and later pan fried to give them a nice aroma. Finally, they were simmered using the remnant heat of the closed pan, and the juice of the breasts to tenderly and juicily soft. Cut the breast meat into thin slices, drizzled with sesame oil, or teriyaki sauce, and the dish was ready to serve with hot rice 😋🍚
The dish was prepared using Benja Chicken. Raised without using growth hormones or antibiotics, Benja Chicken is 100% natural and certified by the American NSF International. The chickens are fed with filtered water and brown rice – a superfood rich in Gamma-Aminobutyric acid, antioxidants and vitamins B3, B6 and B9.
Serving: 3 to 4 persons
250g skinless chicken breast, thawed
3g hua diao jiu/rice wine
2~3g low-sodium salt
1g light soya sauce
3g dark brown sugar
dash of pepper powder
2g potato starch
10g rice bran oil/vegetable oil
1. Thaw and rinse the chicken breast.
2. Cut the meat diagonally into 3 slices of about 2 cm in thickness.
3. Marinate the chicken breast for about 5 to 10 minutes while waiting for the pan to warm up.
4. Line a thick base pan with parchment paper, and heat up using medium-high heat.
5. Pan fried one face of the breast meat for about 3 minutes or till the face has browned. Cover the pan with a lid while cooking.
Flip over and brown the other face of the meat at medium heat for about 3 minutes. Cover the pan with a lid during cooking.
Shift the pan away from the heat source, without opening the lid, let the meat simmer in the pan for about 1 hour.
End of 1-hour simmering.
The tenderly cooked meat sat in delicious chicken stock. You can harvest the chicken stock to cook chicken rice.
6. Cut the cooked chicken breast meat into thin slices and serve plain with sesame oil, teriyaki sauce, or black pepper sauce
10g dark brown sugar
10g raw sugar
10g mirin/sweet rice wine
10g hua diao jiu/rice wine
10g low-salt light soya sauce
2g Maggie seasoning sauce
2g garlic, peeled and crushed
About 30g water
pinch of salt
2g potato starch mixed with 15g water
1. Heat about 1 tsp of vegetable oil with crushed garlic till golden and fragrant.
2. Mix the first 6 ingredients together, and pour into the hot pot. Wait for the sauce to bubble before pouring the water.
3. Add salt to taste, and thicken the sauce by adding the potato starch water. Stir to get a smooth sauce.
4. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the cooked chicken breast meat slices before serving 😋