Coffee pulled pork stuffed in coffee milk bun 🥖 for a full coffee flavaour sandwich 🥪 😋
The convenient packet of Leo Kee's coffee pork soft bones from the company newly launched LEO KEE Zi Char Meat Series, cut down on the time to prepare the very soft and juicy pulled pork filling for the sandwich. Just give about a 3-minute steaming to the thaw coffee pork soft bones, pull out the meat using a fork, mix the pulled pork with some gravy, and the filling is ready 😊
If you have the time, baked some coffee milk buns to make a full coffee flavour sandwiches.
A bowl of store-bought mixed vegetable salad, an apple and a mini cucumber, and you are ready to prepare a "good-looking", flavourful, colourful, and delicious pulled pork sandwich 🥪 😋
Coffee Milk Bun
Yield: 8 long buns
Raw dough weight: 535g
Baking temperature: Preheat oven to 200℃ for 10 minutes, bake at lower rack, at 190℃ for 5 minutes, lower to 170℃ for 13 minutes, off oven and bake for about 2 minutes.
200g bread flour
25g superfine wholegrain flour/plain flour
40g raw sugar
3g instant dry yeast
5g full cream milk powder
2g instant coffee powder
5g hot water
15g evaporated milk
10g condensed milk
1/2 tsp coffee oil, optional
40g natural yeast/sourdough, 100% hydration*
29g yudane dough^
110g low fat coffee milk
10g beaten egg
15g cold water, to be added depending on dough condition
2g low sodium salt
30g unsalted butter, softened
some beaten egg as egg wash before baking
|Combine Ingredient B in a small glass|
* 40g natural yeast can be replaced by 20g each of bread flour and water + 1/8 tsp instant dry yeast. Let the mixture stands for about 1 hour or more till double in volume, before use. You can also keep the mixture in the fridge overnight and thaw it for 1 hour before use.
^ 29g yudane dough is prepared by combining 15g of bread flour with 15g of very hot or boiling water into a sticky dough. Wrap the yudane dough in cling wrap, and cool down before use. Use a silicone spatula to scrape out the sticky yudane dough from the cling wrap.
1. Knead the dough following your preferred method.
For my method, you can refer to my recipe Yudane Milk Bread. After kneading the dough to window pane stage,
|Mix Ingredient A in a mixing bowl.|
|Add Ingredient B and C, to Ingredient A.|
|Combine into a dough ball and rest 15 minutes|
|Knead using electric hand mixer fitted with dough hooks.|
Add Ingredient D.
|When the dough becomes smoother, knead in Ingredient E.|
|Knead till the ingredients are well combined.|
|Perform about 400 sets of "slapping & folding" till the|
dough can easily pull to a length of about 30cm.
|Or reaching window pane.|
2. Shape the dough into a ball and rest in a large mixing bowl. Spray some water over, cover with a lid, and let the dough undergo first proofing for about 60 minutes.
End of 60-minute proofing 👇
3. Turn out the dough onto a floured worktop. Deflate the dough and divide into 8 portions.
Shape the dough into 8 balls, cover and let them rest for about 15 minutes.
4. Take a dough ball and roll out into a round-ends "rectangle".
Flip over the dough, and fold in the two long edge towards the middle.
Slightly roll flat the dough, and do a second set of folding towards the middle.
Pinch to seal the joining edges.
And shape into a cigar shape.
Flatten the dough slightly,
and arrange the shaped dough over a non-stick baking tray. Spray some water over, and proof about 40 minutes in closed cold oven.
5. Remove the tray of shaped dough from the oven, and start to preheat the oven to 200℃ for about 10 minutes.
End of second proofing 👇
While waiting, brush egg wash over the shaped dough.
Snip some shallow cut over the shaped dough to create pattern. This step is optional.
6. Bake at lower rack, lower the oven temperature to 190℃ after closing the oven door, and bake for 5 minutes. Further lower to 170℃ and bake for 13 minutes, finally turn off oven and bake for about 2 minutes.
Transfer the baked buns to wire rack to cool down.
Coffee Pulled Pork Filling
2 packets Leo Kee coffee soft bones
1 bowl of mixed vegetable salad
1 mini cucumber
1 red apple
1 egg + balance egg from above bun baking
1. Thaw the two packets of coffee pork soft bones and steam them for about 3 minutes in a heat resistant bowl.
2. Use a fork to pull out the softened meat from the soft bones.
Collect the meat in a bowl and mix the gravy to the meat. Set aside and keep warm in a rice cooker.
3. Prepare the omellete and cut into 8 long strips.
Wash apple and mini cucumber, and cut into thin slices. Soak apple slices in ice water mixed with salt and green lime juice.
Assembling the sandwiches
1. Slit the bun across lengthwise keeping one side intact.
2. Arrange omelette strips, apple slices and cucumber slices into the slot.
Stuff in the mixed salad.
3. Fill in the prepared warm coffee pulled pork from above.
Serve immediately 😋
Thank you Leo Kee for the 6 packets of LEO KEE Zi Char Meat Series 😀