I tried the famous 老伴豆花 about two weeks ago. After second attempt, I finally concocted a flavour quite close to 老伴豆花.
200ml low fat milk
1 sachet Unisoy unsweetened soya powder 30g
40g brown sugar
5 tsp pandan juice (optional)
1 1/2 tsp ice jelly powder
1. Pour milk, water and pandan juice into a jug and mix well.
2. Pour half of the water milk mixture and half of sugar into a pot to heat at medium low.
3. In a bowl, mix soya powder, jelly powder and remaining sugar together, and slowly add in the remaining water milk mixture. Stir constantly and break down any lumps.
4. Pour the well blended soya jelly paste into the pot to heat. Stir constantly until all the ingredients dissolve. To test whether the jelly liquid is ready, just scoop a small spoon out and wait for it to solidify. If it solidifies in a minute, then you may stop heating. DON'T boil.
5. Pour the soya jelly into containers and chill in fridge. Serve cold 😊