Serve 2 adults
1 chicken breast
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp flour
1. Wash and pat dry chicken breast.
2. Put the chicken breast in a plastic bag or between 2 cling of food wrap.
Thump the chicken breast using the blunt edge of a knife to slightly even out the thickness of the meat.
|Use the blunt edge of the knife to thump|
the breast meat
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly on both sides of the meat.
|Sprinkle salt and pepper on both|
sides of the breast meat
4. Use a sieve to sprinkle flour over the entire chicken breast. Shake off excess flour.
|Use a sieve to sprinkle a thin|
coat of flour onto the meat
5. Heat your Happycall pan to medium or high heat. Pour about 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp of butter to the pan. Swirl the pan to form an even coating of oil on the pan.
|Heat olive oil and melt butter in the pan|
6. Lower the heat to medium and place the seasoned chicken breast into the pan. Facing the smooth side of the meat down. Cover the lid but not locking. Cook the meat for 1 minute to get a lightly golden surface.
|Pan fry the smooth side of the breast meat for 1 minute|
7. Flip the meat to cook the other face for 1 minute. Cover the lid but not locking .
|Pan fry the second side of the meat for 1 minute too|
8. Lower the the heat to low. Flip the meat again to cook the first face. Cover and lock the lid. Continue to cook the meat for 10 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE LID WITHIN THIS 10 Minutes! This is to lock the moisture in the meat.
|Reduce the heat to lowest, close the lid and pan|
fry the smooth side of meat for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, off the heat and let the meat
sit in the pan for another 10 minutes
9. Turn off the heat and continue to let the meat cook in the pan for another 10 minutes. Again, DO NOT OPEN THE LID WITHIN THIS 10 Minutes!
10. When 10 minutes is up, open the lid and serve the golden breast meat with blanched vegetables and salsa.
Click here for salsa recipe
Recipe adapted from http://miskcooks.com/2012/03/28/how-to-pan-fry-chicken-breasts