1 pkg carrot cake tube 480g
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp chai po 菜脯碎, soak & drain
2 tbsp low salt fish sauce
Seasoning powder, optional
Chilli paste, optional
1. Cut the carrot cake using a wire rack into small cubes.
|Just push the carrot cake down|
and move laterally to cut
to desirable lenght
|Use a grid rack to help you|
dice the carrot cake
|Diced carrot cake|
2. If you are using saltish 菜脯, you need to soak the 菜脯 to reduce its saltishness. Pat dry before use.
If you are using sweet 菜脯, you can use directly.
3. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl, season the beaten eggs with 1 tsp fish sauce, 1/2 tsp olive oil and seasoning powder. Mix well and set aside.
4. Heat up HCP to medium temperature.
Add about 1&1/2 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Add garlic and 菜脯 and stir-fry till fragrant.
|Heat up the pan with oil|
|Stir fry garlic and 菜脯 till fragrant|
5. Pour in the radish cake cubes, mix and stir until the cakes turn soft. Cover and lock the lid. This may take about 5 ~ 8 minutes. Open the lid to stir occasionally.
|Add the carrot cake dice to the garlic |
6. When the cakes become soft, sprinkle about 1 tbsp of low salt fish sauce over and mix well.
|Add fish sauce to the softened|
7. Pour in the egg mixture from (3) over the cake. Swirl the pan to spread the egg mixture evenly. Cover the lid and let the egg cook.
|Pour the egg over the carrot cake|
8. When the base of the omelette has cooked, but the top still a bit wet, you can either close the lid and flip the pan,
or, cut the omelette into 6 portions, and flip them individually ,
to cook the other side.
Close the lid and let the omelette cooks till golden in medium low heat.
Shift the pan every 1 to 2 minutes to endure even heating.
|Flip to fry the other face of the|
9. Transfer the omelette onto a plate and sprinkle spring onions as garnish. Add sambal chilli paste at the side for dipping :)