Whipped cream with instant custard powder helps to prevent the cream from melting too fast at our warm tropical climate. As the instant custard powder has been premixed with sugar and flavoring, hence lesser sugar and no vanilla essence need to be added :)
Appliances: electric hand blender or mixer
25g instant custard powder
1 tsp icing sugar
85g fresh milk
100g whipping cream
25 g 即凝蛋黄粉 instant custard powder
1 茶匙 糖霜
1. Chill one metal mixing bowl, a ballon whisk, and a damp teacloth in the freezer for about half an hour.
2. Mix instant custard powder, and icing sugar with fresh milk. Cover with food wrap and keep chill in the fridge.
3. Fix the whisks to the electric hand blender. Place the mixing bowl on top of the semi-frozen teacloth.
Pour the cold whipping cream into the chill metal bowl.
4. Start whipping the cream at turbo speed for about 1 to 2 minutes, until the cream thickens.
5. Stir in the custard paste from (2) and whip till well combined. Keep the whipped cream in the fridge for 5 minutes to lower the temperature.
6. Use a spatula to give the whipped cream a few stirs, before transferring it to a pipng bag.
7. Refrigerate the whipped cream for about an hour before use :)