Serving: 4 persons
100g mashed pumpkin purée
110~115g glutinous rice flour
30g peanut powder
20g fine sugar
1. Take about 120g of peeled raw pumpkin. Steam the pumpkin chunks in a rice cooker. Simply pour 100ml of water into the rice cooker pot, and place the raw pumpkin chunks in a heat resistant bowl. Close the lid and start the rice cooking process by pressing the 'Quick' mode.
2. When the pumpkin is cooked, use a spoon or fork to mash it into purée.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the hot pumpkin purée and glutinous rice powder into a soft pliable dough.
4. Start boiling a pot of water to blanch the pumpkin doughs.
5. Take a teaspoonful of dough and roll it into a ball. Before dropping the dough ball into the boiling water, compress the two ends slightly using your thumb and index finger.
6. Remember to stir the pumpkin dough in the hot water to avoid them sticking to the base of the pot.
When the pumpkin doughs are cooked, they will float to the water surface.
8. When the pumpkin doughs have been dried partially, toss them in the peanut powder sugar to coat them.
Serve warm or cold :)