Yield: 12 cupcakes 12 小蛋糕
3 eggs, room temperature 3粒蛋，室温
60g fine sugar 细糖
15g honey 蜂蜜
105g top flour 低筋面粉
15g condensed milk 炼乳
30g soy milk or milk 豆浆/牛奶
3/4 tsp vanilla extract 香草精
60g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
1. Line twelve 5.2x3cm round cupcake moulds with cupcake paper.
2. Melt butter in a rice cooker using 'Keep Warm' mode for 10 minutes. Let the butter sit in the rice cooker for another 10 minutes.
Let the butter cool down outside the rice cooker before use.
3. Mix condensed milk, soya milk/milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Loosen the flour using an hand whisk. Set aside.
5. Heat up a small pot of water to about 50 degree Celsius for warming up the eggs while beating later.
6. Place the eggs, fine sugar and honey in a heat resistant mixing bowl and place the mixing bowl over the smalll pot of water.
7. Start mixing the mixture using an electric hand mixer set at low speed.
When all the ingredients are well blended, increase the mixer speed to high and beat until the egg mixture reach ribbon stage. This process takes about 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Remove the mixing bowl from the pot of warm water.
Start to fold in the flour in 2 lots. Do not over stir the batter to prevent building up of gluten which will give the cake a firmer texture.
9. Fold in the milk mixture from (3) and melted butter from (2).
Scrap the side and bottom of the mixing bowl to prevent the liquid from settling at the bottom and flour at the side.
10. Pour the batter into the cupcake moulds to reach 9/10 of the height.
11. Arrange the cupcake moulds onto a tray. Spray 5 to 6 pumps of water mist over the batter surface.
12. Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven set at 170 degree Celsius for 17 to 18 minutes, or till the surface turns golden.
13. Turn out the cupcakes from the moulds immediately and cool down over a wire rack.
Cover the cupcakes by a clean dry cloth to keep the cupcake moist. Let the cupcakes cool down completely.
14. Keep the cool cupcakes in an air tight box. Enjoy :)
Recipe adapted from