Yield: 4 servings
2 chicken legs
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 tsp Korean red chilli paste
1/2 tsp light soya sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp black soya sauce (to add color)
Left over mainade
2 tsp honey
1 tsp golden syrup
2 limes, juiced
1. Rinse chicken legs and cut into drumsticks and thighs.
2. Add marinade to the chicken parts. Mix and coat well.
3. Cover and let them marinate for at least 1/2 an hour.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. And preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
5. Place the chicken parts into the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degree C.
6. Mix the leftover marinade with honey, golden syrup and lime juice to make the glazing sauce.
7. After the 15-minute-.grill, remove the tray of chicken from the oven and baste it with the glazing sauce. Return it to the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
Repeat this process for about 4 times, or till you finish the glazing sauce.
If you like it honey-sweet, you can baste the final coat with pure honey.
8. After the final baste, you can turn off the oven and let the chicken parts sit inside the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Enjoy the soft and juicy grilled chicken :)