This is an easy to prepare flavorful dish especially with the use of packet roasted chestnuts, which eliminated the hussle to shell and cook the chestnuts :)
As the dish was cooked in a hurry, so no photo was taken during the process. I'll supplement it with more photos in my next cooking. Hope you can still figure out the picture from the descriptions 😁
Yield : 4-person servings
4 chicken thighs
4 shiitake mushroom, soaked
1 packet roasted chestnut 60g
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 tsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp preserved salted soya beans, mashed
1 tbsp rock sugar
Salt to taste
Picture borrowed from other recipe 😁
Please ignore the ginger and yam 😅
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
A few shakes of pepper
1. Rinse chicken thighs and marinate for about 1/2 to 1 hour.
2. Heat up a tbsp of olive oil in a pot. Stir-fry the chopped garlic till golden. Then stir in the chopped onion. Stir fry till fragrant and onion slightly soften.
4. Add in the marinated chicken thighs and soaked shiitakes mushrooms, stir-fry till the exterior of the chicken thighs are cooked.
5. Pour in the shiitake mushroom water and hot water to a height of about 4/5 the ingredients' height. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes to an hour.
The longer the simmering time, the softer will be the ingredients.
6. Towards the end of the simmering, add in rock sugar and salt. The rock sugar helps to give the dish a glossy look.
You can replace the rock sugar by sugar.
7. Pour in the roasted chestnuts at around the end of cooking when there is minimal stirrings.
Stirring may break the whole chestnuts into fragments easily.
8. Finally, add some starch water to thicken the gravy. Sprinkle some cut green scallions and chinese coriander leaves and serve with warm rice 😋