Yield: 16 small buns in a 20cm square pan
Raw Dough weight: ~506g
Temperature: 170 degree C
Baking time: 18~20 minutes
Whirlpool Breadmaker BM1000
150g fresh milk 鲜牛奶
20g condensed milk 炼奶
30g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
30g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
25g whole yolk+white 整个蛋黄+蛋白
230g bread flour 高筋面粉
20g rice/cake flour 粘米粉/低筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 速发干酵母
10g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
10g honey 蜂蜜
10g raw sugar 黄砂糖
20~30g egg white 蛋白*
* using the remaining egg white
1. Line a 20cm square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Warm up fresh milk, condensed milk and unsalted butter in a rice cooker for about 10 to 15 minutes to melt the butter.
Add egg white to yolk to make up 25g.
4. Mix ingredient B before adding on top of ingredient A.
5. Dig a hole in the centre of the flour, and pour ingredient C in.
6. Select "kneading" function and press start. The process will take about 1:30 hour to complete.
End of the process.
7. Invert the dough out of the bread pan and onto a floured work top.
Press down the dough to release the trapped air.
Wear a pair of disposable gloves to handle the rather sticky dough.
8. Divide the dough into 16 equal portions, about 31g each. Shape them into 16 ball shape doughs, by pulling down the sides of the dough, and seal at the bottom.
Roll to shape.
Place the dough in a 20cm square pan lined with parchment paper.
9. Spray some water over the doughs and place in a warm closed oven to proof for about 35 to 40 minutes, or till the dough almost reach the brim of the cake mould.
10. While waiting for the dough to proof, add honey and sugar to softened butter. Mix to combine. Then combine with egg white into a glaze to be used later.
11. Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius.
12. Apply the glaze over the dough evenly. Pour the rest of the glaze sauce over the dough.
13. Baked at lower rack of the oven at 170 degree Celsius for about 18 to 20 minutes, or till the top turns golden.
14. Unmould the bread by lifting up the parchment paper and onto a wire rack to cool down before serving. Enjoy 😄
Caramelised butter and honey at the base of the bread.
Bread glaze recipe adapted from
with great appreciation :)