250ml mildly sweetened jasmine green tea packet
Yield: 16 small buns in a 20cm square pan
Bread weight: ~471g
Oven preheat to 180 degree C
Reduce and bake at 160 degree C for 10 minutes
Further reduce to 150 degree C for 8 to 10 minutes
Whirlpool Breadmaker BM1000
140g cold jasmine green tea*
20g condensed milk
30g raw sugar
1/4 tsp salt
20g whole yolk+white
30g cold unsalted butter
* if you prefer a not-too-sticky dough to handle, you can reduce the green tea quantity to 130g
225g bread flour
25g rice/cake flour
1 tsp matcha powder (optional)
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast
Some bread flour for sprinkling
1. Pour ingredient A into the bread pan.
2. Mix ingredient B before adding on top of ingredient A.
You may omit matcha/green tea powder if you prefer a mild green tea taste.
3. Dig a hole in the centre of the flour, and pour ingredient C in.
4. Select "kneading" function and press start. The process will take about 1:30 hour to complete.
5. After the program ends, let the dough sits in the bread pan for about 15 miinutes.
As cold ingredients have been used in this recipe, they slowdown the proofing process. Therefore, needs the extra time for the dough to rise taller.
After 15 minutes,
6. Invert the dough out of the bread pan and onto a floured work top.
Press down the dough to release the trapped air.
Wear a pair of disposable gloves to handle the rather sticky dough.
7. Divide the dough into 16 equal portions, about 30g each. Shape them into 16 ball shape doughs, by pulling down the sides of the dough, and seal at the bottom.
Roll to shape.
Place the dough in a butter-coated 20cm square pan lined with parchment paper
8. Spray some water over the doughs and place in a closed oven to proof for about 35 to 40 minutes, or till the dough almost reach the brim of the cake mould.
9. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
10. Sieve some bread flour over the dough.
11. After putting the dough into the oven, turned down the temperature to 160 degree Celsius and bake for about 10 minutes at the lower rack.
Then further reduce the temperature to 150 degree Celsius for another 10 to 12 minutes, or till the bread turns golden.
12. Unmould the bread by lifting up the parchment paper and to cool down on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy 😄