Yield: 4 mini buns in 25Lx8Wx9Hcm
Raw dough weight: 506g
Bread weight: 499g
100g cold whole milk 冷全脂牛奶
20g condensed milk 炼乳
50g banana paste 熟香蕉泥
30g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
25g beaten egg
20g cold unsalted butter 冷无盐奶油
8g cold unsweetened baking chocolate
100% cocoa, shaved *
225g bread flour 高筋面粉
25g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
3/4 tsp instant dry yeast 即发干酵母粉
* can be replaced by 1 tsp cocoa powder
Some beaten egg for glazing
1. Use a fork to mash ripe banana into paste. Collect 50g of the banana paste for later use.
2. Shave cold baking chocolate (100% cocoa) into thin flake by using a kitchen knife.
5. Add in the mashed banana.
6. Add in the raw sugar and salt.
6. Add in the flour mixture from (3).
7. Dig a hole and pour in the instant dry yeast.
8. Place the bread pan into the bread maker. Select "dough" function and start the process.
9. The dough is ready.
10. Sprinkle some bread flour over both the work top and dough before inverting it out.
11. Flatten the dough to remove the trapped air.
11. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and shape them into balls,
Coat the dough with flour and roll within the cup of your hand into a ball.
12. Place the finished dough into a 25Lx8Wx9Hcm tin mould lined with parchment paper. Spray some water to the surface.
13. Allow the dough to proof in a closed oven for 50 to 60 minutes or till the dough rises to the rim of the mould.
14. When the doughs reaches 4/5 the height of the loaf tin, remove the tin from the oven.
Turn on the oven to 170 degree Celsius, and preheat for about 10 minutes.
15. Apply a thin coat of beaten egg as glaze.
16. Bake the dough in the oven for about 18 to 20 minutes, or till the top turns golden, at lower rack.
17. After the loaf has baked through, lift it out of the tin and cool on a wire rack immediately.
18. After the loaf has completely cool down, slice it with a bread knife :)