Banana cakes are common cakes, but the unusual name of "Sharon之味” banana cake attracted me. She named her banana cake "等久久香蕉蛋糕”, literally means "banana cake with a long waiting time". In this unusual preparation, baking soda was first added to banana paste, and the mixture was allowed to stand for 40 minutes. After combining the banana mixture with the egg batter, another 40-minute wait was needed again.
The result was a soft, moist, slightly spongy, not-too-sweet and oily, banana cake. Although the cake took more than 2 hours to complete, it really worth the time spent.
Pan size: 21Lx10Wx6.5H cm
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 60g eggs
250g ripe banana, about 3 medium size
1 tsp baking soda 小苏打粉
3 eggs 全蛋
75g raw sugar 黄砂糖
1/4 tsp salt 盐
130g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
1 tsp baking powder 泡打粉
40g rice bran oil 米糠油
1. Mash banana and mix in the baking soda. Cover and let the mixture stands for 40 minutes.
2. Beat eggs with raw sugar till the latter dissolves.
3. Mix cake/top flour with baking powder. Sieve and add in the flour mixture and salt.
You may substitute cake/top flour and baking powder by 130g self-raising flour.
4. Pour in the banana mixture from (1).
Cover and let the batter stands for 40 minutes.
5. Mix in the rice bran oil.
6. Pour the batter into a greased silicon bake pan. Cover and let the batter stands for 10 minutes.
You can also line an aluminum cake pan with parchment paper.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degree Celsius for about 35 to 40 minutes at lower rack, or till an inserted cake tester came out dry.
Make a shallow slit in the middle during the 15th minute into baking.
8. Allow the cake to cool down before slicing it. Enjoy :)
I added some almond flakes on the batter before baking; and make a slit in the middle during the 15th minute into baking :)
Thank you Sharon for her fabulous recipe