A light and refreshing salad using orange and lemon juice sweetened by honey as the light salad dressing. The roasted pine nuts add a nice nutty flavour to the bites, and the avocado chunks gave the green salad a few creamy bites :)
Serving: 4 salad bowls
2 tbsp pine nuts or nuts of your choice
1/2 red apple
16 cherry tomatoes
20cm Japanese cucumber
1 bag mixed leafy veggie salad
1/2 ruby grapefruit
1 large orange
1 tsp dark vinegar with grape juice
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp rice bran oil
1. Roast about 2 tbsp of pine nuts in a oven toaster for 3 to 5 minutes at 120 degree Celsius. Set aside to cool down.
3. Cut red apple, Japanese cucumber, avocado and grapefruit into bite size using a ceramic knife to slowdown oxidation of the ingredients. Set aside.
4. Distribute the orange juice amoung the 4 bowls. Pour in 1/4 tsp dark vinegar or any other vinegar into each bowl.
5. Add in about 1 tbsp of honey into each bowl.
6. Squeeze about 1/4 tsp of lemon juice into each bowl.
7. Add a tiny amount of salt into each bowl.
8. Stir in 1/2 tsp of rice bran oil.
Oops, I forgot about the oil, so have to add it at the end 😁
8. Place the cherry tomatoes, Japanese cucumber and red apple chunks at the bottom layer.
9. Tear the mixed vegetable leaves into shorter length and add on top. Squeeze some lemon juice over the leaves.
10. Place avocado and ruby grapefruit chunks on top. Sprinkle pine nuts over the top.
11. Seal the bowls with food wrap or lids and refrigerate them.
12. Hold on to the lid tightly and shake the bowl to evenly coat the ingredients with the salad dressing. Enjoy your greens :)