P.S. You can change the meat to chicken too.
Serving: 4 persons
250-300g pork shoulder or chicken
1 tsp ginger, chopped
2 tsp garlic, sliced
1 dried red chilli, cut into chunks
2 granola potatoes, cut into chunks
1 small carrot, cut into chunks
3 shiitake mushrooms
1/2 yellow onion, julienned
1 white scallion
1 tbsp sesame oil
1~2 tsp Korean red pepper paste
2 tbsp low-salt soya sauce
Dash of pepper powder
Salt & sugar to taste
1. Rinse meat and cut into chunks. Set aside.
2. Soak potato chunks in salt water for about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Wash and soak shiitake mushrooms in hot water till softened. Cut into slice. Keep the mushroom water for later use.
4. Heat sesame oil in a pot.
5. Stir-fry ginger, garlic and dried red chili till fragrant.
7. Add in potato, carrot and shiitake mushrooms. Stir fry till frangrant.
8. Mix in red pepper paste and low-salt soya sauce.
9. When all the ingredients are well coated with red pepper paste, stir in the yellow onion and white scallion.
10. Pour in the mushroom water, and top up with hot water to about 4/5 the ingredients' height.
11. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid, and simmer in low heat till your desired softness. Best to simmer for at least 1 hour.
Give the content a few occasional stirs to avoid the ingredients from over-browning at the base of the pot.
12. Finally, add sugar and salt to your taste.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with warm rice ^^