Yield: 6 cup cakes
Baking temperature: Bake at middle rack of a preheated oven set at 130℃ for 20 minutes. Progressively increase the temperature to 150℃ for 5 minutes, and 170℃ for 5 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the cupcakes stay in the oven for 5 minutes.
IngredientsAll ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 egg
2 egg whites
pinch of salt
45g caster sugar
2 egg yolks
60g top flour
10g condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
10g unsalted butter , melted
1 tsp cocoa powder
4~5g hot water
1. Combine milk, condensed milk and vanilla extract in a small cup. Thaw to room temperature.
Melt unsalted butter in a cup.
Mix cocoa powder with hot water into a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. In a dry, clean and oil-free mixing bowl, beat egg whites to frothy. Add in pinch of salt and part of the 45g of sugar. Continue to beat and gradually add in the remaining sugar, till the meringue reaches firm peak stage.
3. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time.
Stop beating when there is no strip of meringue can be seen.
4. Sift and fold in 1/3 of the top flour.
Followed by 1/2 of the milk mixture from Step 1.
Continue to mix in the remaining top flour and milk mixture in alternate sequence. Combine into a smooth batter.
5. Transfer about 1/2 cup of batter to combine with the melted butter.
Pour back the butter-batter to combine with the remaining batter.
6. Transfer about 1/3 of the batter to combine with the cocoa paste from Step 1.
7. Pour the butter batter and cocoa batter in alternate sequence into the 6 paper cake cups.
Use a thin skewer to draw some patterns on the surface of the batter.
and bake at middle rack of a preheated oven set at 130℃ for 20 minutes.
Progressively increase the temperature to 150℃ for 5 minutes, and 170℃ for 5 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the cupcakes stay in the oven for 5 minutes.
9. Cool down over a wire rack.
Serve warm or cool 😋