I baked a golden and milk-rich butter cake with whipping cream. This was my second attempt in tweaking the recipe from "Elvis Presley's Favourite Pound Cake". In my previous attempt I reduced the sugar quantity by more than half the original amount. In this round of baking, I further reduced the whipping cream quantity. Although lesser whipping cream was used, the cake was still moist and rich in milk taste 😋
Owing to the relatively high moisture content of the cake, this cake is best baked in a bundt or tube pan. Otherwise, the cake may need a longer baking time, or may end up with a damp crumb 😉
Yield: One 20 cm ring cake
IngredientsAll ingredients in room temperature.
Using 56~59g Omega 3&6 eggs
110g top/cake flour 低筋面粉
1/4 tsp fine salt 幼盐
1/4 tsp baking powder, optional 泡打粉，可省略
90g unsalted butter, softened 无盐牛油，软化
110g fine sugar
3 eggs 蛋
3/4 tsp vanilla extract 香草精
70g whipping cream 动物性鲜奶油
Directions1. Coat one 20cm tube pan with butter, then dusted with flour. Set aside.
2. Sieve top flour, salt and baking powder together into a bowl twice.
The original recipe did not include baking powder, so it can be omitted if you beat the butter cream well.
3. Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
The process takes about 5 minutes by using an electric hand mixer operating at medium-high speed.
5. Mix in the vanilla extract.
6. Sieve 1/2 of the flour mixture from (2) into the batter and mix well.
7. Mix in the whipping cream, followed by the remaining 1/2 of the flour mixture.
8. Use a spatula to give a more thorough mixing.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
9. Bake in the middle rack of a cold oven without preheating set at 180℃ for about 35 minutes, or until an inserted cake tester draws out clean.
When the cake is well baked, the edge will shrink away from the wall of the pan.
10. Allow the cake to rest in the pan for 5 minutes before inverting out to cool on a wire rack.
Cover the warm cake with cling wrap to keep the moisture in.
Cut and enjoy :P