Thank you Enne Ty, for sharing the great recipe 💓
Yield: one round cake
Pan size: 6"x3" round pan
Baking temperature: Preheated oven to 170℃ turning on only upper heating, lower rack, bake at 170℃ for 40 minutes, lower to 150℃ turning on both upper and lower heating for 20 minutes.
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 56~59g Omega 3&6 egg
63g top/cake flour
3g baking powder
15g condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 egg yolks
50g ground almond*
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
60g caster sugar
* I didn't use the macaron grade of ground almond powder
1. Warm butter till tiny bubbles can be seen at the bottom of the melted butter.
Pour in the top flour after mixing with baking powder. Mix using a spatula into a paste. Remove the bowl from heat after adding the flour.
2. Mix in the condensed milk and vanilla extract.
3. Mix in the milk.
3 Add in the yolks, one at a time.
4. Mix in the ground almond into a smooth paste.
Let the butter-almond batter set aside.
5. Prepare meringue til firm peak stage.
6. Transfer about 1/4 of the meringue to blend with the butter-almond batter from Step 4.
Return the butter-almond batter to mix with the remaining meringue.
7. Pour the batter into a 6x3" round cake pan, with wall greased, and bottom lined with parchment paper.
Stand the pan over a grid -iron in a water bath.
8. Preheat the oven to 170℃ with only the upper heating. Bake at lower rack of an oven, at 170℃ for 40 minutes. Lower the temperature to 150℃, turning on both upper and lower heating coils, for 20 minutes, or till the cake cook through.
Or, you can bake at 160℃, turning on both upper and lower heating coils, for 60 minutes, at lower rack.
9. Transfer the cake out of the oven.
Drop the pan to a cloth, from a height of about 10 cm, thrice.
When the cake shrink away from the wall of the pan, transfer it out to a cooling rack.
Cut and enjoy the cake warm 😋
Appreciated for the friends who shared Enny's recipe in "Bake the Talk" FB group 😍